- Posted by CurtD
- On November 3, 2015
- 0 Comments
Nothing else like Oversing exists. So we can only compare it to Search and Social Media: providing users the kind of insights into their, and their coworkers, and their organization’s abilities in the workplace that search and social media have provided for marketers and social scientists into human preferences – except that our purpose is to improve the user, rather than the abilities of marketers to reach you. The paradigm we tend to think of is a social game, in Facebook, with task and project management, all sitting on a project accounting system, all gathering statistics – all of which is conspiring to help you create a culture of continuous self improvement, of yourselves, your group, your organization and your customers – and by doing that, improving the world.
When Oversing reaches maturity, our objective is to provide best in class in Unstructured, Structured, and Policy and Procedure work, with light commerce, parts and products: the inverse of SAP’s approach which heavily focuses on material things and material asset accounting, we will emphasize humans, and human capital accounting, gamifying the workplace, and providing insight into the previously unseen and unmeasurable value of individuals and groups.
We plan to consolidate the social era’s innovations into a universal business platform that defines the next generation of business applications.
Everyone seems obsessed with creating point solutions rather than making the heavy investment in the big picture. So that’s why we spent three years building it.
- Email, Chat, Messaging and Calendar – Slack, Facebook, Yammer, Outlook, Gmail
- Content, Collaboration and File Storage – SharePoint, Confluence, and many others.
- Task Management, Help Desk – Jira Helpdesk.
- Light Project Management – Trello, Asana, Wrike, and dozens of others.
- Project and Program Management (manage budget and costs) – Atlassian Jira, Changepoint, and dozens of others.
- Jobs and Work Order Management
- Components, Assemblies, Products, Bundles, Pricing and Discounting.
- Enterprise Financial Accounting – Microsoft, Sage, SAP, Netsuite
POLICY AND PROCEDURE WORK
- Customer Relationship Management (C.R.M) – For Sales and Marketing. (all organizations)
- Professional Services Automation (P.S.A) – For Time, Materials, Expenses. (White collar service work) – AtTask, ChangePoint, Tenrox.
- Enterprise Resource Automation (E.R.P.) – For Parts, Components, Equipment, Bundles (Manufacturing and Distribution) – SAP, Oracle, Sage, Microsoft.
- Human Resources, Recruiting, and Career Management (H.R.M.)
CONSTANT EDUCATION AND IMPROVEMENT
Given that the academy is limited to teaching general principles, the workplace will increasingly require training in both soft and hard skills.
TOTAL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
- Providing all functions of Unstructured, Structured, and Policy and Procedure applications, for all functions in the organization.
It is likely that one or more of the following will occur:
- (a) the established accounting providers will consolidate the task and collaboration business just as they consolidated the ERP business.
- (b) The cloud storage businesses that were founded on consumer spending will move upward into the enterprise market by acquiring or developing contextual collaboration and task management software.
- (c) An established player (like Google) which has been unable to find the next ‘killer app’ for the enterprise will seek to acquire or consolidate contextual collaboration and task management software.
The central problem is the sales channel development, the support network, and selling to the C-office rather than SMB and Departmental Managers. These companies have had nothing new to sell customers in years other than the movement to the cloud, and most are sitting on ‘antique’ user experiences.